Greater Grace Christian Academy offers a college preparatory high school program for grades 9-12. Applicants to the program must provide evidence of scholastic ability and personal spiritual growth. Qualified applicants have above-average standardized test scores, B averages in their academic coursework from previous schools, and a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. GGCA high school students are expected to attend a local church, be involved in a Christian youth ministry, and demonstrate Christian character values in both the school and community.
GGCA high school students are encouraged to play on the varsity sports teams, sing in the chorus, play in the band, and participate in yearbook and other activities.
At GGCA, we take the Christian part of Christian education seriously. Bible classes or chapel meets daily and students are expected to participate in school-sponsored evangelism in the community.
Communication and technology skills are valued and taught in grades 9-11. These classes are designed to prepare students for the demands of 21st Century university and workplace environments.
The GGCA freshmen year includes year-long courses in Algebra 1, English, Modern World History, Bible, and Spanish 1. Freshmen take a one-semester Composition course to work on their written communication skills, along with one semester of computer. The goal of the freshman computer class is to master Microsoft Word and earn a Microsoft Office Specialist certification.
GGCA sophomores study Biology, Geometry, Bible, Spanish 2, and English for one year. Speech and debate class is taught for one semester to improve students’ spoken communication skills; computer is taught the other semester. The goal of the sophomore computer class is to master Microsoft Excel and earn a Microsoft Office Specialist certification in both Word and Excel.
Juniors at GGCA take year-long courses in Chemistry, Advanced Mathematics, English, U.S. History, and Bible. Apologetics class teaches students to articulate and defend a positive case for their biblical Christian faith.
The senior year at GGCA is one of transition to life beyond high school. Students continue studying the Bible, Physics, English, and semester-long courses in Economics and American Government. Upon graduation, students are offered one year of free tuition at Maryland Bible College & Seminary.
used in our high school classes come from these sources:
- McDougal Littell Algebra; Structure and Method Book 1, Classic Edition © 2000
- McDougal Littell Geometry © 2000
- McDougal Littell Algebra and Trigonometry; Structure and Method Book 2, Classic Edition © 1999
- Mirrors & Windows: Connecting with Literature, Level IV © 2016
- Mirrors & Windows: Connecting with Literature, Level V © 2016
- Mirrors & Windows: Connecting with Literature, Level VI © 2016
- Mirrors & Windows: American Tradition © 2016
- EMC Publishing Mirrors and Windows – British Tradition © 2012
Novels & Plays
- To Kill a Mockingbird, Harper Lee
- Antham, Ayn Rand
- Much Ado About Nothing, William Shakespeare
- The Great Gatsby, F. Scott Fitzgerald
- The Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass, Frederick Douglass
- Frankenstein, Mary Shelley
- Night by Elie Wiesel
Composition and Creative Writing:
- Houghton Mifflin: Write for College
- The Elements of Style, W. Strunk Jr. & E. B. White
- A Beka Biology: God’s Living Creation, 3rd Edition © 2016
- Prentice Hall Chemistry © 2008
- Prentice Hall Conceptual Physics, 3rd Edition © 2002
History and Social Studies:
- Bob Jones World History for Christian Schools, 2nd Edition © 1994
- TCI History Alive! Pursuing American Ideals © 2008
- Prentice Hall: Magruder’s American Government © 1996
- Glencoe Economics: Principles and Practices © 2007
- Prentice Hall: Realidades 1 & 2, © 2004
- Prentice Hall: Learning Microsoft Office 2013 © 2013
GGCA offers a Rotation Bible program covering 16 mini-courses over a 4 year span in the following subjects. Students will learn both academically as well as practically how Christianity and its doctrines are revealed in the Bible and through the person of Jesus Christ:
- Bible Survey
- Basic Christian Life