Greater Grace Christian Academy offers a college preparatory high school program for grades 9-12. Applicants to the program must provide evidence of scholastic ability and personal spiritual growth. Qualified applicants have above-average standardized test scores, B averages in their academic coursework from previous schools, and a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. GGCA high school students are expected to attend a local church, be involved in a Christian youth ministry, and demonstrate Christian character values in both the school and community.
GGCA high school students are encouraged to play on the varsity sports teams, sing in the chorus, play in the band, and participate in yearbook and other activities.
At GGCA, we take the Christian part of Christian education seriously. Students receive daily Bible teaching in class or chapel and participate in evangelism in the community regularly.
Communication and technology skills are valued and taught in grades 9-11. These classes are designed to prepare students for the demands of 21st Century university and workplace environments. All GGCA students are required to earn a Microsoft Office Specialist certification in both Word and Excel.
The senior year at GGCA is one of transition to life beyond high school. Students continue studying the Bible and are spiritually prepared through specific classes such as the Leadership Seminar and Apologetics, which teaches students to articulate and defend a positive case for their biblical Christian faith. Students fufill their community service requirement through a practicum program in ministry. Upon graduation, students are offered one year of free tuition at Maryland Bible College & Seminary.
For details regarding each year of study, please click on the High School Academic Profile below.
- Houghton Mifflin Harcourt: Into Algebra 1 © 2020Houghton Mifflin Harcourt: Into Geometry © 2020
- Houghton Mifflin Harcourt: Into Algebra 2
- McGraw Hill: Transition to College Mathematics and Statistics © 2016
- Mirrors & Windows: Connecting with Literature, Levels IV-VII © 2016
- Sadlier: Vocabulary Workshop ©2022 (For 9th and 10th grades)
Novels & Plays:
- To Kill a Mockingbird, Harper Lee
- Anthem, Ayn Rand
- Much Ado About Nothing, William Shakespeare
- The Great Gatsby, F. Scott Fitzgerald
- The Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass, Frederick Douglass
- Frankenstein, Mary Shelley
- Night by Elie Wiesel
Composition and Creative Writing:
- Houghton Mifflin: Write for College
- The Elements of Style, W. Strunk Jr. & E. B. White
- A Beka Biology: God’s Living Creation, 3rd Edition © 2016
- Prentice Hall: Chemistry © 2008
- Prentice Hall: Conceptual Physics, 3rd Edition © 2002
History and Social Studies:
- TCI: History Alive! World Connections (9-10th grades)
- TCI: History Alive! Pursuing American Ideals © 2013
- TCI: Government Alive! Power, Politics and You © 2018
- Glencoe: Economics: Principles and Practices © 2007
- BJU Press: Nuevos Amigos
- McGraw Hill: Learning Microsoft Office 2013 © 2013
GGCA offers a Rotation Bible program covering 16 mini-courses over a 4 year span in the subjects listed below. Students will learn both academically and practically how Christianity and its doctrines are revealed in the Bible and through the person of Jesus Christ.
- Bible Survey
- Basic Christian Life